AvCount2 Particle Counter for Skydrol, SA1250-2
Seta has released a new variant of the popular AvCount2 (SA1000-2) instrument which is specifically designed to measure the particulate of Skydrol hydraulic fluid.
Skydrol is an advanced fire resistant aviation hydraulic fluid which inhibits corrosion and prevents erosion damage to servo valves. It has been approved by most airframe manufacturers including Airbus, Boeing and BAE Systems and has been used in their products for over 40 years.
Due to the highly corrosive nature of Skydrol material this special version of the AvCount is fitted with Isolast seals and a protective inner case.
Methods: AS 4059, ASTM D7619, ASTM D7647, ASTM D975, DEF STAN 91-86, DEF STAN 91-91, GB 5930, GJB 420-1987/420-A-1996/420B-2006, GOST 17216, IP 565, ISO 4406 (1999) & (1991), NAS 1638, SAE 749D, SAE A6D, SAE AS4059E
The AvCount uses the light obscuration principle, where the fluid under test is passed through a cell comprising a laser and a calibrated sensor. Particles in the fluid cast a shadow onto the sensor, which determines the area/diameter and number of particles in the sample.
The AvCount2 is controlled via icons or a virtual keyboard using the colour touch sensitive screen. Results are displayed in real time and are simultaneously printed out on the compact integral printer. The test methods embedded in AvCount2 cover a range of fuels, lubricating oils and hydraulic fluids. Test methods can be edited to create custom test profles. avcount2 utilises 16 point calibration and can be re-calibrated on-site by a Seta trained engineer.
Improved connectivity and better memory management allows results to be accessed, printed out or downloaded to a memory stick via the USB port, or to a personal computer via the RS232 Port. The avcount2 can also be controlled via the RS232 port.
- ISO 11171: 4µm(b) to >70µm(b); ISO 4402: 2µm to >100µm; GOST 17216-71: 2µm to >200µm
- Calibrated to ISO 11171, traceable to NIST SRM 2806b
- Switchable NIST 2806a calibration on request
- Cumulative & distributive particle numbers
- Particle count and cleanliness code
- Uses “Straight from the Bottle” samples
- Precise and reliable results, test time <6 minutes
- Easy to use large touch screen display, integrated printer
- Rugged, stainless steel case suitable for portable use
- 15 fixed measuring channels (calibration in compliance with ISO 11171 for measuring in oil)
- Upper and lower limit alarm outputs
- Integral Data storage for up to 2000 measurements across 60 memories
- Internal Double Pump System
- FFKM seals, compatible with synthetic oils
- Optional in-line high pressure testing up to 315 Bar
|Particle Size Range:||ISO 11171: 4µm(b) to >70µm(b); ISO 4402: 2µm to >100µm; GOST 17216-71: 2µm to >200µm|
|Counts per Measurement (max):||16.000.000|
|Sample Viscosity (max):||68mm2/s (from sample bottle) 250mm2/s (@10bar)|
|Sample Temperature Range:||0 to 80°C|
|Results:||Particles/ml or Particles/10ml (Test Method dependant) Cumulative and Distributive Cleanliness Codes, Cumulative or Distributive (Test Method dependant)|
|Cell Volume @ Flow Rate:||10ml @ 30ml/min|
|Total Sample Volume used (typ):||80ml (includes rinse cycles) for IP 565 & ASTM D7619, 20ml other methods|
|Sample Pressure (max):||10 bar (315 bar with SA1008-0 option)|
|Voltage||100/230 Vac, 50/60Hz, max 30W or 24 Vdc|
|Size (HxWxD)||24 x 33 x 24cm|
|CCCN Code:||Tariff 90318020|
Lazar Scientific is your reliable source for Fuel Cleanliness Testing Equipment.