The ATR-BR is an automatic critical angle refractometer for measuring liquid media of various viscosities, regardless of color or transparency. The ATR-BR instrument is available in a variety of configurations for laboratory and production quality control.
The new housing allows more space for a larger LCD display and a splash-proof keyboard. Batch numbers can be entered directly and simple forms can be created and printed out.
Four special scales, one of which is a BRIX scale programmed at the factory, allow for a variety of uses in production and the laboratory. The ATR-BR software determines the mean and standard deviation of multiple samples. All functions may also be controlled via PC using the remote control program.
- Robust refractometer
- Stable measurements
- May be used for a variety of applications
- Easy to use
- Excellent price-performance ratio
Automatic critical angle refractometer
- Measurement of liquids of various viscosities regardless of opacity or color
- 0.3 ml sample volume is sufficient
- Date and time display
- 10 user-defined programmable scales
- Chemical industry: Solvents, organic polymers, distilled products, solutions of inorganic compounds
- Food industry: Yoghurt, jam, fruit extract, syrup, honey, coffee extract, vegetable fat, albumen, chocolate, milk, baby food, etc.
- Beverage: Soft drinks, fruit juice, wine, beer
- Medical applications: Serum, blood, urine
- Pharmaceutical/cosmetical industry: Essences, essential oils, flavors
- Petrochemicals: Oils, fats, waxes, naphthalenes, raw oils, varnishes, paints
|Measuring scales||Refractive Index (RI) Sucrose (°Brix)
Standard scales available
Customized scales on request
|Measuring range||1,32000 – 1,54000 RI / 0 – 100 °Brix|
|Resolution||0,00001 RI / 0,01 °Brix|
|Precision||± 0,00002 RI / ± 0,01 °Brix (measurement range 1,32 – 1,44) and
± 0,00003 RI / ± 0,01 °Brix (measurement range 1,44 – 1,54)
|Reproducibility||0,00001 RI / 0,01 °Brix|
|Measurement mode||Single sample|
|Ambient temperature||+10 – +40 °C|
|Temperature measurement||NTC sensor for measurement of sample temperature placed inside the prism|
|Temperature control sample||No temperature regulation|
|Temperature control range||No temperature regulation|
|Temperature resolution||0.01 °C|
|Temperature precision||± 0.03 °C|
|Temperature reproducibility||± 0.02 °C|
|Temperature compensation Brix||+5 – +50 °C|
|Light source/wavelength||LED, interference filter 589 nm|
|Display||backlit LCD, 16 x16 characters|
|Operation||20 key membrane including function keys|
|Interfaces/communication||RS232 C serial bi-directional port, parallel interface (Centronics), USB optional|
|Standards*||International Pharmacopoea, ASTM, ICUMSA and others|
* Specific standard depends on the application and the country it is used in. Details on request.
Lazar Scientific is your reliable source for Refactometers.