NOACK S2 Volatility Test
Evaporation Loss | Phosphorous Volatility
The evaporation loss/volatility of engine oils is of particular importance to the automotive industry as it closely relates to oil consumption in an engine and can lead to a change in the properties of the engine lubricant.
A measured quantity of sample is placed in an evaporation crucible and heated to 250°C for 1-hour while a constant flow of air, controlled at 20 mm H2O vacuum, is drawn over its surface to remove the resultant vapors. The loss in mass of the oil is determined by weighing before and after the test and calculating the percent loss.
Methods: ASTM D5800
- Calibration to lab environment using interchangeable Orifice Tubes – ‘tuneable’ to the atmospheric conditions of each lab.
- Only Noack System to collect volatile products for further analysis of phosphorus, sulfur, and other elemental oil vapors.
- Used for Phosphorus Emission Index (PEI) and Sulfur Emission Index (SEI) related to phosphorus and sulfur emissions from the combustion chamber.
- Design enhancements for improved test precision and ease-of-use for high sample workloads and robust day-to-day operation.
- Incorporates metal Reaction Vessel and Quick Connect Fittings for test efficiency and easy cleaning.
- Compact, all-in-one design with small footprint.
- Advanced Automated Software Option.
480127: Reaction Vessel Lid Assembly- TNS2
480132: Outlet Tube Assembly- TNS2
480130: Inclined Manometer Assembly
480140: Quick Connect Fitting 1/4 NPT/Coupling
480141: Quick Connect Fitting 1/4 Barb/Coupling
480139: Quick Connect O-ring
480133: Coalescing Filter Housing Assembly
450110: Coalescing Filter Element
450135: O-ring – Coalescing Filter
460029: Vacuum Tubing – Tygon 1/4” ID
450138: Pump Filter Element
450136: O-Ring – Pump Filter
480026: Stirrer Bar
550031: Gripper Gloves
040045: VarClean© Cleaner
040035: SNL-75 Reference Oil
040034: SNH-200 Reference Oil
040032: SNC-150 Reference Oil
040048: SNA-130 Reference Oil