SB+2 | Scanning Brookfield Plus Two
Low-Temperature Pumpability | Gelation Index
The two most recognized applications of the SB+2 are the Scanning Brookfield Technique (ASTM D5133 & D7110) and the Brookfield Viscosity Test (ASTM D2983). The use of the patented SimAir™ Test Cell allows the SB+2 to be held at a constant temperature during the 16-hour soak period of the Brookfield D2983 test. This provides greater versatility, increased sample throughput and improved precision over air baths and programmable liquid baths.
The versatility of the SB+2 bath stems from its broad cooling range, both manual and automatic temperature control, the incorporation of a viewing window and five easily replaceable bath covers (Insert Modules). The bath now serves as a cooling source for seven different low-temperature test methods — making it a cost-effective instrument for demanding lab schedules.
ASTM D5133 & D7110 | Viscosity-Temperature Scanning Technique
ASTM D2983 | Brookfield Viscosity Test
ASTM D4684 | MRV-TP1
ASTM D445 | Kinematic Viscosity
ASTM D97 | Pour Point
ASTM D2500 | Cloud Point
- Versatile liquid bath for analyzing lubricants and fluids meeting numerous low-temperature test methods.
- Easily replaceable Insert Module for each test.
- Programmable & Manual bath temperature controls.
- Self-contained refrigeration system capable of cooling to -70°C.
- Generates the Gelation Index & Gelation Index Temperature according to ASTM D5133 and D7110 methods.
- Designed for use with patented SimAir™ Test Cells for Brookfield D2983 testing.
- Ideal for low-temperature work with fresh, sooted, or highly oxidized oils, ATFs, and fuels.
100898: SBT™ Viscometer Assembly (TAV-III)
100750: Tannas SBT2010 Automation Package
100030: SBT™ Rotor
100055: SBT™ Glass Stator
100031: Female Hook
100032: Male Hook
040013: LNP-5 Calibration Fluid (1.89 L)
030007: GIR-150, Gelation Index Reference Oil (0.94 L)
Additional Insert Modules:
100170: Brookfield Carousel Insert Assembly (ASTM D2983)
350400: MRV-TP1 Module Assembly (ASTM D4684)
100203: Low Temperature Kinematics Module (ASTM D445)
100202: Pour Point/Stable Pour Point (ASTM D97/FTM 203C)
Components & Accessories:
100235: Tannas D2983 SimAir™ Test Cell Assembly
100236: SimAir™ Glass Stator
100019: Brookfield LVDV1 M Digital Viscometer
100005: Brookfield LV-DV2T Viscometer
170033: Spindle Storage Block
170028: Test Cell Holding Rack
350190: Desiccant Assembly
550175: Desiccant Media
100863: Tannas Pre-Heater (110 V)
100856: Tannas Pre-Heater (220 V)
970137: Bath Lamp – LED
100015: RTD Assembly – 9”
Contact Lazar Scientific for additional spare parts, reference oils, and accessories to run the various SB+2 Insert Modules.