TBS 3000 HTHS Viscometer
High-Temperature, High Shear Rate Rotational (Absolute ) Viscosity
High-Temperature, High Shear Rate Rotational (Absolute ) Viscosity: The coaxial Rotor/Stator design permits the exact measurement of rotor position and the torque response of the liquid’s resistance to flow (viscous friction), which determines the apparent fluid viscosity. Applying a constant and linear shear rate profile continually to the fluid makes the TBS® an absolute viscometer where ‘true’ shear rate is calculated from known dimensions and speed of rotation. The TBS® measures viscosities of fresh and used oils at multiple select shear rates and temperatures. This proves particularly useful with multi-grade oils and their influence on fuel efficiency.
Developed in 1979 and under several patents, the TBS® Viscometer became the world’s first high shear viscometer. It remains the modern benchmark ‘referee’ instrument for HTHS viscometry due to its innovative measurement technique, robust design, and notable operational versatility.
This newest TBS® model is completely redesigned and re-innovated providing multiple enhancements to electrical and temperature components, automation, calibrations, and oil injection features, dramatically improving the overall user experience. These advancements promote simplified operations and less reference oil usage with no separate components, while offering the same or better precision and robustness as previous TBS models.
Methods: ASTM D4683 | D6616, CEC L-36-A90, IP 370, JPI-5S-36-03, Reference Technique for ASTM D4741 and D5481
- Integrated Custom Control System with custom PCB Boards and built-in TBS® Touch Software – Eliminates computer, DAQ Boards and associated cabling.
- Improved operating stability to varying lab environment conditions.
- Built-in 40-position AutoSampler with auto single-injection mechanism.
- Incorporates (10) easily replaceable Reference Oil containers (Quart, 1/2 Gal. or Gal.).
- Custom LED lighting scheme based on operating condition.Innovative temperature control system – no external cooling bath for 80° operation.
- Auto-monitoring of Waste Oil container with Overfill Alarm.
- Remote data access with Ethernet connection.
- Barcode reader compatible.
330221 – TBS3000 OIL INLET TUBING
330198 – TBS3000 ALIGNMENT ASM
330061 – TBS3000 ½ GAL/GAL CAP ASM
330173 – QUART REFERENCE OIL CAP ASM
330063 – SAMPLE FILTER HOUSING (NO FITTINGS)
330075 – SAMPLE FILTER, CLEANING
330040 – TBS3000 RTD ASM
330041 – TBS3000 SIAMESE COLLET ASM
330164 – TBS3000 R/S ASM W/ HEATSINK
330187 – STATOR HEATER ASM
300548 – FILTER PAPER (PK/50)
300514 – AUTO-TBS DISPOSABLE VIALS (PK/50)
300949 – COLLET SHAFT 5/PK
950453 – BALL END SCREWDRIVER, 5/64
300319 – COLLET ASSEMBLY TOOL
300512 – O-RING STATOR HOUSING (PK/5)
300513 – DISPOSABLE SYRINGE (PK/20)
330202 – TBS3000 PUMP O-RINGS (PK/5)